There are so many bike locks out there it can really be hard to work out what is the best one for you. If you want a lock with a good balance of security, portability, and usability then the Kryptonite Evolution 1060 Series 4 is the lock for you.
What makes this lock one of the best bike locks around is not one big feature or anything spectacular.
What makes this one of the best in its consistency.
- The chain is strong against cutting but not the strongest available.
- The lock is not unpickable, but it is quite secure and would deter most inexperienced thieves and even give good ones a challenge.
- It does not have any significant flaws.
- Finally, it is portable so can be used day-to-day.
All this means that there are no weak points. It would take a decent amount of effort and time for someone to be able to beak into it.
This means that unless someone is very determined and skilled they will chose another lock or just not bother. This is the magic of this lock. Its consistency of security is its greatest feature.
- 10mm manganese steel chain
- Enclosed deadbolt locking to avoid bypass attacks
- Hardened steel body
- High-security disc detainer lock
- Weather-resistant for use anywhere
This is one of the lockpickinglawyers best bike locks
The LockPickingLawer does a great job of explaining this in the video he made of this lock here.
For him, a lockpicker that is very skilled and experienced in picking locks every day.
This is the lock that he chooses for his bike and that says a lot about the overall build and quality of this lock.
While not the most secure bike lock on the market, the Evolution 1090 is a great balance of security while being portable.
There are many locks on the market that are either much too large or have a significant security flaw that renders them highly insecure for one reason or another. The Kryptonite 1090 gets around this by having a relatively consistent security level for any kind of attack whether it is picking, cutting, or physical attack.
KRYPTONITE EVOLUTION SERIES 4 1090
PICK RESISTANCE - LOCKPICKING DIFICULTY7.0/10
Physical Resistance - Cutting, Twisting or Breaking7.0/10
LOCK BYPASS RESISTANCE - DESIGN OR PRODUCTION FLAWS9.5/10
- High-security lock and good lockpicking resistance
- Weather resistance for long life of outdoor use
- Portable design for day to day use
- Anti-theft Garantee from Kryptonite
- High-quality stainless steel keys
- Heavy at 6.1 lb or 2.8 kgs
- More expensive than other locks